Live OneCare Tip: If you switched to Live OneCare recently like I have (it's cheaper, faster, and uses less resources), you might find that OneCare Firewall blocks Windows File/Printer Sharing due to a bug. To unblock file/print sharing service, trying this:
- Open Windows Live OneCare window
- Open "Other Tasks" >> "View or change settings" [hideous obscuring of key functionality IMHO]
- Switch to "Firewall" panel then click on "Advanced settings" button
- You should be at "Firewall Advanced Settings" panel.
- Change the top set of radio buttons to the setting you want (I use "subnet only") then click "Apply".
- If that didn't work, try toggling ("Do not share…", "Apply", "Only share…", Apply).
Above steps allowed me to access Windows shared folders from my MBP again recently.