I was recently asked to provide some information on identicons, a good excuse to restart blogging.
This post, more like notes actually, compares Identicon to QR code which may seem similar visually but are not.
WARNING: I think in random fragments, brief moments of coherency, so my posts will be the same.
Machine vs People
- QR codes are read by machines.
- Identicons are read by people.
- QR codes are containers of information.
- Identicons are shadows of information they are associated with.
- QR codes are used to transfer information from real life (RL) objects to computers using only optical means.
- Identicons are used to distinguish individuals or groups of information.