What I've been doing for the past 6 months in my spare time has now become a new meme: New Golf.
- Learning from the New Golf – Diego Rodriguez (fellow 'researcher')
- Power lunching with wizards and warriors – CNet
- World of Warcraft is the new golf of the tech businesses – the Inquirer
- Is World of Warcraft the New Golf? – PC Magazine
- Are MMOs the New Golf? – Game Girl Advance / 1Up
It doesn't matter if it is or not. What matters is that I am having fun and I know there are rich veins of ideas in there. For now, I managed to mine some good stuff that could become a keystone of the next generation group communication technologies. It's not about 3D graphics and it's not about immersion. It's not even about what WoW has but more about what it lacks.